Villa Paolina is the second of two privately owned luxury villas located in a stunning 10 hectares Tuscan country estate just outside lovely hamlet San Donato in Collina, in the outskirts of Florence, in the heart of Tuscany.
Villa Paolina sleeps up to 6 people in three spacious and bright double bedrooms, all en-suite and air-conditioned.
This elegant Tuscan country house sits in a truly spectacular position with beautiful uninterrupted panoramic views over the Tuscan countryside. The villa is surrounded by 10 hectares of mature private parkland with olive groves and landscaped gardens with flowering shrubs and lemon trees. This private, peaceful location offers a most romantic and secluded setting in the heart of Tuscany, yet the buzz and Renaissance vibe of Florence are only 15 km away, and we are the perfect base to explore the Chianti region and experience the real italian life style.
The Villa has been expertly renovated and decorated with special attention to detail by Anna, the present lady owner and a famous interior designer. She created a truly elegant and welcoming home by combining antique period pieces with modern comforts.
Villa Paolina offers open plan living allowing you to wine and dine, and is arranged over two floors:
- On the ground floor there is a double living room with gallery and a fitted glass fireplace with a sandstone fire surround, a bright formal dining room with a second fireplace, a gorgeous double bedroom and a fully equipped kitchen. The rooms are beautifully furnished and feature impressive glass doors that connect the inside with the garden and the enchanting views. The kitchen has a breakfast table, dishwasher, washing machine, hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and an abundance of crockery and pans. The salon is equipped with satellite TV, DVD player and iPod dock. The elegant romantic honeymoon suite features a four-poster double bed, en-suite bathroom and wardrobes, air con as well as two large glass doors leading directly to the garden and the pool – perfect to enjoy a bit of swimming before breakfast!
- On the first floor you will find two further spacious double bedrooms, both en suite and air conditioned, walk-in closet and safe. One of the bedrooms has glass doors leading to a lovely spacious panoramic terrace/solarium overlooking the pool and enjoying great open views. The terrace is equipped with loungers and parasols. The other bedroom (the master) is open-plan with the downstairs salon (it is however totally private and can’t be seen from downstairs).
- The outdoor area of the property comprises a landscaped private garden with panoramic views and a beautiful large stone built patio providing a peaceful area for enjoying the view, relax and dine ‘al fresco’. Perfect for those refreshing cocktails in summer evenings! The patio leads directly to the salt water private swimming pool with waterfall (3.5 m x 8.5 m). The outdoor and pool areas are elegantly furnished with large comfy sofas, loungers, parasols, a large dining table with chairs and a barbecue.
Villa Paolina is a most secluded rural retreat in the heart of the tuscan hills, yet is only 15 km away (20 min drive) from the art, history and buzz of Florence and is the perfect base to explore the Chianti region and to experience the best that Tuscany has to offer. Siena, San Gimignano and Volterra are all within easy reach and lovely country villages, antique churches and wine farms are scattered all around, waiting to be discovered. Fine eating, golfing and horse riding are available nearby and the area is a paradise for cyclists and ramblers alike. Or, you can just relax, sip a Prosecco in the garden, enjoy a swim or sit with a book and a glass of Chianti wine in front of the fireplace and soak the peaceful atmosphere in!
And if your own private pool is not enough or if you decide you need a break from the country scenery, Villa Paolina is only about 130 km (80 miles) from the coast: the beaches, shops and night life of Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi are about 1,5 hrs drive away (don’t forget to visit Pisa on your way there!) Fashionistas will no doubt appreciate the bargains to be had at The Mall, the famous outlet shopping village located in Leccio, less than 15 min away. And Anna will always be on hand to help with advice and organisation of cookery classes, wine tasting tours, cultural tours and lots more!
- 3 double bedrooms, all en-suite and air conditioned
- 3 bathrooms (en-suite)
- living room, dining room, fully equipped kitchen
- panoramic terrace/solarium
- large furnished panoramic patio
- private swimming pool with waterfall (3.5×8.5m)
- Sunbeds for 6
- Satellite Television
- DVD player
- iPod dock
- Wi-fi internet connection
- dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, coffee machine, microwave, American fridge/freezer
- baby bed and/or high chair available on request.
No smoking in the house.
House trained pets usually welcome, please ask!
Our rates include gardener and pool attendant, linen and towels (changed weekly), pool towels (changed twice a week) and two hrs maid service per week.
The Villa can be rented fully staffed if requested, and babysitting, extra maid/housekeeping service, laundry, extra linen change can all be arranged, as well as private chef service for lunch/dinner, driver, fridge and wine stocking service – all at very reasonable rates, just ask!